"From the attic to the cellar" tours
January, February, March, November, December:
April, May, October:
booking in advance for tours of min 10 people
Tuesday - Friday: booking in advance for tours of min 10 people
Saturday - Sunday: 9:00 - 16:00, midday break: 12:00 - 12:30
9:00 - 17:00, midday break: 12:00 - 12:30
Full admission: CZK 150
Senior citizens (63+): CZK 110
Discounted admission: CZK 100 (elementary pupils, secondary school and university students in full-time study until 26, Disability Card holders)
Groups of school children: CZK 70 (min 10 pupils)
Family admission: CZK 410 (2 adults + 2-3 children under the age of 15)
Free admission: Accompanying person of Disability Card holder, licenced CZ guides, licenced journalists
Photo permit: CZK 110
Small animal fee: CZK 110 (only in a small special travel luggage or carrier)
- For safety reasons, children under the age of 6 are not allowed on the tour
- School children under the age of 15 can only enter the tour accompanied by adults
- Maximum number of visitors per group is 15
The tour is recommended to elementary school groups and active seniors.
50 - 70 minutes (depending on the size of the group)
- Extra fee 100 % of the price for a tour in off-hours (18:00 – 08:00).
- We only offer guided tours, visitors are obliged to follow the instructions of the guide.
- Minimum number of visitors per group is 5, maximum 15. In April and October we are open for tours of min. 10 people.
- Foreign visitors pay regular admission fee, returnable texts in foreign languages are available for free at the ticket office.
We recommend advance booking for groups of more than 10 people on our telephone number: +420 491 470 523 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We require non-refundable deposit 50% of the total price on group tours in off-season. Deposit is due for payment 48 hours prior to the tour date.
To ensure smooth check-in, we kindly ask one group representative to buy the tickets on behalf of its group.
Explore the castle and travel from the attic to the cellar!
Set off to discover the technical conveniences of the attic then walk the stairs down to the historical kitchen
and finally look through the mysterious cellar. You will not be overloaded by data but will be given a chance to interact and find out a lot of interesting information about this special castle area. Working on the supplied worksheet, you may complete a small crossword, hammering a piece of wood in the attic you may leave your mark the same way like the carpenters used to do.
In our lovely kitchen where in the past they once prepared the menu for the first Czechoslovak president Thomas G. Masaryk, you can try to smell and identify the ingredient used for cooking 100 years ago and find more about the recipes of the time.
In the cellar where a secret passage leading to Nove Mesto underground system starts, you can see and hear some local legends and may even experience a face to face encounter of the castle ghost…