tours of the chateau are possible according to the current conditions set by the government of the Czech Republic:
- the size of the group of visitors is set at a maximum of 20 persons from incl. guide without restrictions
- for larger groups, all persons over the age of 12 must meet at least one of the following conditions:
- Progression of laboratory-confirmed Covid-19 in no more than 180 days.
- Covid-19 vaccination must be given at least 14 days after the last dose of vaccine (second for two-dose vaccines, first for single-dose vaccines).
- In children under the age of 18 and people with a contraindication to vaccination, an RT-PCR test up to 72 hours old can also be used to prove infectivity.
- Please continue to comply with min. 1.5 m spacing, indoor use of a respirator and hand disinfection.
Thank you in advance for respecting all measures.
We are looking forward to your visit.
The Bartoň-Dobenín family and The Castle Administration
Welcome to the official website of Nové Město nad Metují Castle. We believe you will find the information requested and hope you will choose Nove Mesto Castle - our family residence since 1908 - as your potential tourist destination.
Have a nice day and see you soon,
Come and find your inspiration in the fascinating story of hardworking industrialist Barton-Dobenin family.
It went through its ups and downs – it was used for preparation of president Masaryk´s menu and later almost ruined. Now it was given a new chance! Come to discover its charm and experience its atmosphere. The kitchen is a part of “From the attic to the cellar” interactive guided tour.
When mentioning the castle of Nove Mesto nad Metuji, the name of a famous architect Dusan Jurkovic, must not be omitted. You will not see his works in any other Czech castle. Therefore, Nove Mesto nad Metuji castle offers more than others can show.
Verdant greenery, sweet-smelling flowers, cascade terraces, stone dwarfs and peace and quiet for resting and relaxation… Come and visit the unique area of the castle gardens including the one of the 7 top bridges in the Czech Republic.
The Castle Bar is located in the close proximity of the Castle, in the interesting spaces of the former castle brewery cellars.
You can rent a room or two in any hotel but in Nove Mesto nad Metuji you are given the real keys to the castle and you can become its actual master. We offer all year round accommodation in stylish castle suits.